Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sleep!

I've been working on my body for almost 8 months now. Eating better (paleo), working out 5-6 days/week (crossfit plus running), and I have found that I've lost a bunch of weight (42 lbs so far), but I am still tired a lot. I almost never drink caffeine, don't smoke, have cut way back on alcohol, but I still don't feel rested regularly.

So, I read some sleep hygiene websites, and am going to try to implement some of those techniques.
1) I've resolved to get up at the same time every morning. 6:30, so I can get to the crossfit 7am class. The last couple mornings, I have actually awakened before then.
2) I'm gonna try to get to bed at the same time every night, between 9:30-10pm. This is when I usually go to sleep, but I will be more diligent about it.
3) When awakening, look towards the sun for 15 minutes. This apparently resets your internal clock. That will be hard, as there's not much sun in Seattle, but will try to do it some days.
4) Don't watch TV in bed (on the iPad). I will leave the iPad in the other room, and will turn it off by 9:30 each night.
5) I will try not to drink anything after about 8pm. This should help me not wake up in the middle of the night having to pee.

And I'll try to keep a log here on how it goes each night.

No comments:

Post a Comment